May I introduce, the Baneling Rush
Basic Description: This build focuses on destroying the Terran's wall in and causing as much damage as possible with the suicidal Banelings.
- 9 - Overlord
- 14 - Spawning Pool
- 13 - Extractor
- 15 - Overlord
- 15 - Queen
- 17 Zerglings
- Continue producing Zerglings and Overlords and using Spawn Larvae
- @100 Gas - Upgrade Metabolic Boost at the Spawning Pool
- @50 Gas - Baneling Nest
- @100% Baneling Nest: Morph 6 Banelings (close to Terran base, but out of vision range
- @100% Banelings: attack with the 6 Banelings and ~16 Zerglings
1)While you're outside the Terran base, control group your units as you see fit. I usually just go with one control group for banelings, one for zerglings, and one for all units.
2) Send in one zergling and have your banelings follow immediately, going straight for the weakest walled off structure (supply depots/reactors). If they are not walled off, proceed straight to their mineral line with your banelings.
3) Once you have broken through their wall, take out any spare units they may have and as usual, go straight for the economy, causing as much damage as possible.
4) Be prepared for a rage quit!
In the Event of a Failure:
The odds of winning after failing this rush are greater than they are with a 6 pool zerg rush, but still not that great if the enemy has air units that can attack ground units or simply has massed units. However, if it's clear there are no air units on the field, create more zerglings and keep attacking. If they fly their structure away have your zerglings follow them and prepare to tech up to hydralisks. From there on you should be good!
This build will most likely not work if:
-The enemy has massed units/air units.